Another Lap Around the Tech Track

Years have passed since I have written here, and yet every time I come back to delete I feel the need to create.

For reasons outside of my control, I have gone astray…given up the fight…forgotten what it is like to truly teach with technology the way I used to, the way I was taught to by my forever friend and mentor Cindy Matzat.

When I started in my current school, technology was the wave, and I rode it. My son was in Kindergarten, I had a classroom of eager students and a closet full of handhelds (yes, you remember those).

Fast forward..my son is in 4th grade, technology is on the back burner, and it’s all about the lit. Model now. I have a classroom of eager students and a closet full of mini laptops that I can use “if I can fit it in the model”.

Fast forward…my son is in 7th grade, the district administrators have discovered iPads, and I am following my superintendent on twitter. They are back on the technology wagon, and encouraging me to get on it…it’s the next big thing! Hmmmm….well OK, if you say so:) never mind I have been tweeting for years, and blogging since 2007…as long as I get to take another lap around the tech track! Bring it on!